Evaluation forms can be linked to program items and posters in the app. First create the forms, then add the links. From the configurator, you can also download a report of the results.
Create an evaluation form
In the menu, select Interactivity and then Evaluation forms. Click Add in the toolbar. This will open the following window:
Add the following data:
- Name: the name of your form. This will appear in the title bar in the app.
- Description: add a brief description of the form. Try to be creative and not plainly repeat the name of the form. Best practice is to give some motivation for the user why to complete this form, and what the results are used for.
Click Add to create the form. Once the form is created, you can configure some texts users will see in the form in the General section:
- Submit button text: the text on the button with which users can submit their evaluation.
- Confirmation message: the message they see after submitting the evaluation.
You can start adding questions below the Questions section by clicking the + sign.
Add or select the following data:
- Question: enter the question itself.
- Type: select the type of question: One answer (users can select only one option from a list), Multiple answers (users can choose one or more options from a list), Text (users can enter text in a text field), or Dropdown (users can select one option from a dropdown list).
- Optional/Required: if you set it to Required, the user is not able to submit the form without answering this question.
- Description: here you can include a brief explanation of the question, for example when you use a 1-5 scale, what 1 up to 5 mean.
You can only add options in case of one or multiple answers. First select how the options should be displayed: below each other (vertically, see first question below) or next to each other (horizontally, second question below). On small screens, horizontally only works if your options are very short. In general, vertically is a safer choice.
Then add the options by clicking +. Enter the option text in the text box and drag them in the desired order. Options can be deleted with the trashcan.
If you have many options you don't want to enter manually, for example poster names in a poster voting form, you can quickly add them with the Import button.
Paste the options, for example from an Excel sheet, in the left column and check if they are correctly separated in the right. Click Add to convert them to options.
Click Save to add the question.
The order of the questions can be changed by dragging them within the field. Questions can be edited by clicking the pencil and deleted by clicking the trashcan.
To group questions, add a name in the Optional group field. If you add the same name to multiple items, this group name will be displayed as a header above the questions with this group name.
Adding an evaluation form to program items
An evaluation form can be added to all program items of the same type. To do so, go to Interactivity, Eureka settings and click the Evaluate button. This turns on the button in the app.
Select the form the button should link to below Form. Below Set reminders to users, you can choose to send users a push notification reminder. This notification is sent after the program item has ended and only to people that have added the item to their favorites.
Please note that you have to create a release before the form is visible in the app!
Create a direct link to a form
There is also a way to link directly to the form. You can use this for instance to create an evaluation form for the event as a whole, and then including this link in a home menu button, or as part of an announcement.
The link is composed as follows: <configurator URL>/evaluations/<form ID>, e.g. https://society.my.conferences.cc/evaluations/58ee4e252aa09cb90f2cc9ee.
You can find the form ID by clicking Edit on a created form.
View form results
From the Evaluation forms tab, you can download an Excel report containing the results of your evaluations by clicking Outcome.