The image library is a collection of images used in your app, for example:
- Icons in the icon library;
- Person photos and institution logos;
- Images elsewhere in the app.
Images uploaded in those contexts appear here. You can also use it the other way around: upload images in the library, and then select them in their context. Please note that in a specific context, you can only select images of that category. For a person profile picture for example, you can only choose between images from
the category Persons.
View and edit image details
You can view the images as tiles or a list by clicking the switch top right.
In the tile view, you can open the image details by clicking the tile. In the list view, you can click the Details button. This opens a modal with a larger preview of the image, the file name and category. If needed, you can edit these details here and press Save to save the changes.
Change category of images
To change the category of multiple images, select them and click Edit selected. In the tile view you can select images with the checkmark top left, in the list view with the checkbox.
You can delete images by selecting them and clicking the button Delete selected in the toolbar. You're asked for a confirmation before the image is really deleted.
Images can be uploaded to the image library by clicking Add images. Select a category, select your file(s) and click Add. In the following situations, it can be useful to upload images to the image library.
Adding icons to the library
You can icons so that you can select them when for example choosing a home menu buttons or navigation menu icon. There are two categories to add icons to the icon library:
- Default icons: this will add them to the 'default' library. Add this category to upload icons that should be colored along with the colors set on the home page. This will only work if the icons themselves are white and have a transparent background.
- Custom icons: here you can add all other images you want to use as icons. They will appear in the custom library.
Uploading profile pictures
If you have all your person photos in a library, you can upload them all at once through here. Make sure that you choose the category Persons and that the uploaded images are square, as with mass-upload there is no way to resize or crop the images. You can now select the logos when adding or editing a person.
Uploading institution logos
If you have all your institution logos available, you can upload them all at once through here. Choose the category Institution logos when uploading them. You can now select the logos when adding or editing an institution.
Link to image from another page
Choose the category General to upload images you are going to use on other pages.
There are two approaches to link to this image from an information page or a news message:
- If you want to make sure the image is shown also when the user is not connected to the internet, you can tick Offline support when adding it. The image is then included in the release. For offline images, you can use the internal link, which can be found below the link icon at the top right. Please note that the image will not be shown in the preview of your page, as the browser doesn't know how to handle these links. In the app it will be OK. A disadvantage of this method is that the size of the data increases, so it takes longer to install the event. Use this method only for essential images, for which the content around it makes no sense without them.
- You can also use the URL, which can be found by right-clicking the image preview and choosing Copy image address from the menu. You can also open the image in a new window and copy the URL from the browser. The user will only see the image when he or she is connected to the internet. It will not be included in the app, so the app size is not increasing. Use this method for images that are nice to have, but not essential to understand the content.