To create an overview of all institutions in your event, see the topic on how to create list pages.
Add an institution
Go to the page Data, tab Institutions and click Add institution. Enter its basic details:
- Name: the name of the institution.
- Order (optional): if you don't enter an order, institutions will be sorted alphabetically in lists. If you want them sorted in another way, choose in the settings when creating a list page to sort first by order and then by name. Then enter a low number for the item you want to display first, and higher numbers for items below that.
- Highlighted: institutions that have this set to On, will be displayed in lists in the highlighted colour. This colour can be set in Settings > Colours > Highlighted. You can then also link a sponsor page to the item, so that when users click it in the list, the sponsor page will open instead of the general institution page.
- Type: choose the selected Type, e.g. Sponsor or Exhibitor.
- Subtitle in lists (optional): choose the subtitle you want to display in the overview of institutions.
- Subtitle in headers (optional): choose the subtitle you want to display on the detail page of an institution.
- Logo (optional): upload the logo of the institution. The preferred image size is 600x600px, as it is displayed in a square in the app. You can also upload other formats, they will be resized to fit into the center of this square.
- Background image / Banner on detail page (optional): depending on the setting that's chosen in the data structure, the image uploaded here is either used as background behind the logo, or as banner. The preferred dimensions of the file are 1200x480 px. If your image is another size, you can crop it to the right size after selecting it.
After clicking Create, the detail page opens. Here you can add more data to the institution. Don't forget to click Save & Close after you're done!
- URL for banner: when you have uploaded a banner, you can specify a URL. This link opens when the banner is clicked in the app. You can also link to pages within the app. You can find this URL, that starts with cc://, below the link icon top right in for example pages or data objects.
- Info: here you can add extended info to the institution. You can use the HTML editor to format the text and to add links, images and video's. By clicking the pencil top right, you can change the data structure that defines whether the info should be visible in the app and what its name should be. Please note that when editing this, changes are applied to all objects of the same type.
- Slideshow images: like on the sponsor page, you can add images that will appear right below the info on the institution page. The first one is displayed upon opening. If you add multiple images, users can swipe to see the next images. Add an image by clicking the Add image button and then Add image in the image block. The preferred dimensions of the file are 1200x480px. If your image is another size, you can crop it to the right size after selecting it.
- Other sections: there are probably other sections defined in your data structure to which you can add data. For more info on how to add data to sections, see the related topic. To change the sections, you have to change the data structure by clicking the pencil top right. Please note that when editing this, changes are applied to all objects of the same type.
Edit one institution
Simply click Edit in the table overview of the Data page, Institutions tab. The same fields as described above can be edited.
Edit multiple institutions at the same time
To edit multiple institutions at the same time, select the items in the table overview and click Edit selected. The following properties can be edited:
- Type: you can only change the type if you've selected items of the same type.
Delete an institution
Select the item(s) to delete in the table overview of the Data page, Institutions tab and click the button Delete selected in the toolbar. You'll be requested to confirm deletion.