Program items that are configured correctly, will automatically appear on your daily program page. The basic program structure is in most cases as follows:
- Below that multiple Timeframes
- Below that multiple Sessions
- Below that multiple Presentations
In the default template, these types are already created, so you only need to add items to them and link them correctly to other objects.
Start by creating items for the days on which your conference takes place. Go to the Data page, Program items tab and click Add program item. Enter the following details:
- Name: the name of your day. This name will appear in the top slider of the programme, in the example above Saturday 10 September.
- Type: as you're configuring a day here, select Day.
- Start/End: select the start and end date of your day. This is just for your own administration and not displayed anywhere.
The rest of the fields can remain empty. Click Create to create the object. The detail page will be opened. As no more needs to be filled in here, click Save & Close.
Repeat this process for all your conference days.
After they days, you can create the timeframes. These are the parts of the day that will narrow down your program, in order to allow users to more easily find what they are looking for. Click Add program item again and enter the following details:
- Name: the name of your timeframe. This name will appear in the tabs or headers of the programme, in the example above Morning and Afternoon. Please note that you can have multiple timeframes with the same name, e.g Mornings, that all take place on a different day.
- Type: as you're configuring a timeframe here, select Timeframe.
- Start/End: select the start and end date of the timeframe. Even though it's not displayed to users, make sure you set the correct date and time here, as you need it to be able to link sessions to the right timeframe.
The rest of the fields can remain empty. Click Create to create the object. The detail page will be opened. To make sure the data will be displayed correctly in the program, add the right Day below Nested under.
Click Add existing and start entering the day name this timeframe is part of. Click to select the day and click Save & Close.
Repeat this process for all timeframes on all days. After doing so, take a bit of time to check in the overview if you've configured all your days and timeframes correctly.
Add sessions and presentations
Now that the basic structure is set up, you can start adding your sessions and presentations. Click Add program item and enter the basic details of your session or presentation:
- Name: the name of the program item.
- Order (optional): items that start and end at the same time, are normally displayed in a random order in the daily program. This field can be used to define an order for those items. Enter a low number for the item you want to display first, and higher numbers for items below that.
- Highlighted: program items that have this set to On, will be displayed in the program in the highlighted colour. This colour can be set in Settings > Colours > Highlighted.
- Sponsored by: in the dropdown, you can select any of the institutions you have created. The logo of this sponsor will be shown above the program item details in lists, such as the daily program.
- Type: choose the selected Type, e.g. Session, Interactive Session or Presentation.
- Start: set the start date and time. The items in the program are automatically sorted based on this.
- End: set the start date. If items start at the same time, the ones ending earlier are displayed first.
- Subtitle in lists (optional): choose the subtitle you want to display in lists, e.g in the programme overview or the list of presentations below a session.
- Subtitle in headers (optional): choose the subtitle you want to display on the detail page of an object.
- Sponsor logo in lists (optional): instead of selecting an institution to use the logo of, you can also add a custom sponsor logo here. This logo is shown above the program item when it is shown in a list.
- Banner on detail page (optional): you can add a banner that is visible above the title on the detail page of an item.
After clicking Create, the detail page opens. Here you can add more data to the program item. Don't forget to click Save & Close after you're done!
- URL for banner: If you've uploaded a banner, you can set a link it. This link opens when the item is clicked.
- Info: here you can add extended info to the program item. You can use the HTML editor to format the text and to add links, images and video's. By clicking the pencil top right, you can change the data structure that defines whether the info should be visible in the app and what it's name should be. Please note that when editing this, changes are applied to all objects of the same type.
- Nested under: in order for an item to appear in your program, it has to be nested under another item. This can be a Timeframe, or another program item. Start by entering the name of the parent item and click to select it.
- Other sections: besides Nested under, there are probably other sections defined in your data structure to which you can add data. For more info on how to add data to sections, see the related topic. To change the sections, you have to change the data structure by clicking the pencil top right. Please note that when editing this, changes are applied to all objects of the same type.
Edit one program item
Simply click Edit in the table overview of the Data page, Program items tab. The same fields as described above can be edited.
Edit multiple program items at the same time
To edit multiple program items at the same time, select the items to edit and click Edit selected. The following properties can be edited:
- Type: you can only change the type if you've selected items of the same type.
- In event program nested under: change the program item under which the selected items should appear.
- Start/End: change the start or end date of the selected items.
- Lock status: change the status to Locked if you're importing data from external sources (channel, Excel) and you don't want the items to be deleted or edited. Select Unlock to release this.
Delete a program item
Select the item(s) to delete in the table overview of the Data page, Program items tab and click the button Delete selected in the toolbar. You'll be requested to confirm deletion.