The moderator dashboard looks as follows:
The following features are available:
Slides and Speaker Frames
- See what the audience sees in the slides frame on the left and the speaker frame in the center.
Speaker and Moderator List
- See the speakers and the other moderators in this session in the list on the right. There is a camera preview of those who are online and have their camera switched on.
- Mute speakers and moderators by clicking the microphone icon. All speakers and moderators hear each other at any time, unless they are muted. If the room is open, attendees can also hear them.
- Control which speaker or moderator is broadcasted by clicking the red broadcasting button on their camera preview. They will appear with their camera on the speaker frame, and with their uploaded slides in the slide frame. If no slides are uploaded, attendees see the placeholder slide. You can switch between speakers by clicking the broadcasting button of another speaker.
- Switch between the modes Speaker and Slides and Panel Discussion. Please note that in both modes, everyone who did not mute themselves can be heard by attendees.
- In the mode Speaker and Slides, you can select the speaker whose slides and camera should be visible for the audience.
- In the mode Panel Discussion, all speakers and moderators with their cameras on are visible in a grid for the audience. If someone does not want to participate, they should mute their microphones and disable their cameras.
Tip: If you want to present slides in panel discussion, make sure to first broadcast the speaker whose slide should be visible at Speaker and Slides, before switching to Panel Discussion.
- Control whether the room is open or closed in the bottom-left corner. Attendees can only access a virtual room when it is open. When moderators close a room while attendees are in the room, attendees will receive a notification saying the room was closed.
- Control when the session is broadcasting or not using the broadcast button in the bottom-left corner. When the session is not yet broadcasting, attendees see the placeholder slide. When broadcasting starts, attendees will be able to see the moderator or the selected speaker and slides. When the session is being broadcasted, it is also recorded automatically. With the buttons at the bottom of the screen, you can turn on and off your own camera and microphone. With the arrow on the right-side you can select another microphone or camera than the default one.
- Share your screen by using the button in the bottom-right corner. You can choose to share your entire screen, an application window (for example PowerPoint) or a Chrome tab.
Pre-recordings and Videos Section
- Broadcast pre-recordings. If a speaker pre-recorded their presentation, it will automatically appear under Pre-recordings and videos for the moderators. Select the pre-recording to broadcast in the list just like selecting a live speaker, wait for it to load and click the arrow to start playing it.
Interactive Features Section
- View the chat conversation: moderators, attendees and speakers can participate in the chat.
- View all questions that were asked on the tab Q&A: you can see all incoming questions submitted by the audience. Click the eye-icon to make the question visible to the audience. The hearts indicate how many likes the question received from the audience. You can also see who asked a question by clicking the three dots and selecting View info. In the same menu, you can also edit a question, for instance to correct typos or fix punctuation issues.
- View all attendees in this session: you can remove unwanted attendees from the virtual room by clicking the three-dot icon right on the attendee and selecting Block user. The attendee will not be able to enter again. The same button can be used to unblock attendees.
- Control the session settings by clicking the gear icon. In the settings modal, you can:
- Upload the placeholder slide that is shown when a moderator is broadcasted or a speaker does not have slides. This slide should be a PNG or JPG of 1920 x 1080 px.
- Make interactive tabs visible or invisible for speakers and attendees.
- Make blocked users visible in the attendee list, or hide them.
When clicking Save, the changes are immediately applied to the speaker and attendee dashboard.