Set number of buttons
Before you start configuring icons and links, make sure you have selected the right number of buttons. You can choose between a layout of 4 or 6 buttons.
After choosing the number of buttons, you can start configuring the icons. Click the pencil at the top right of an icon and choose Edit icon.
In the dialog that opens, you can choose either icons from our library, or upload your own icons by clicking Add... below Custom icons.
After selecting an icon, you have two options:
- Add a label: the label will appear below the image. This is very useful when you want to easily be able to change the label of an icon. If your label contains multiple words, you can distribute them as you want over the two available lines.
- Don't add a label: the image will be a bit larger and no text will be added below it. Choose this option if all icons you want to use are custom and already contain text.
Icon colours (only library icons)
Icons from our library default are white, but can be recoloured. Custom icons cannot be recoloured.
Colours can be set by selecting them from the picker or by entering a hexadecimal number in the field. The button background colour sets the colour of the button itself, the icon and label color that of the items on it. To make the background transparent, remove the hex value and leave the field empty.
After changing the colours, they are not yet applied to the existing buttons. Click Apply colours to icons in order to do so. Changes can be seen immediately in the preview.
To change where the button will redirect to, press Set link.
You can link to different types of pages in the app:
- Object: this is the detail pages of an individual item, for example of a certain session or person. To link to an object, start entering the name and click to select the object as soon as it appears. When you haven't added your data yet, links like this cannot be set. You could then temporarily link to another page and add the right links when the data is there.
- Page: the available pages are:
- Daily programme, which will display your Program items. The page name can be edited through the Pages tab.
- Persons, which will display a list of all persons. The page name can be edited through the Pages tab.
- Information pages, which you can add and edit in the Pages tab.
- Navigation pages, which you can also add and edit in the Pages tab.
- URL: to link to a URL, for example a sponsor website, click this option and enter the URL below. At Page name, you can set the title that should be displayed in the app bar.
- My Congress: on the My Congress tab, you can link to different interactive pages:
- My Congress: the My Congress overview
- Profile page: the page where users can edit their details
- Talk page: an overview of the conversations of that user
- Attendee list: a list of all users that have signed in to Eureka and have given access to be in this list
- Event feed: the social wall, where users can post messages and photos
- With the checkbox Require Eureka sign in you can enforce users to sign in before they can view the page. If they click the button while they are not signed in, the sign in page pops up.
- When checking Ask for password, you can enter a password that users have to fill in before they can view the underlying page.