The icons uploaded to the icon library and the person photos that are uploaded when editing a person will appear in the image library. It can also be used to do it the other way around: upload images here to use them in other places:
- Icons that should appear in the icon library.
- Person photos, so that they can be selected when adding or editing a person or institution.
- Images to refer to elsewhere in the app, such as from info pages.
View and edit image details
You can view the images as tiles or a list by clicking the switch top right.
In the tile view, you can just open the image details by clicking the tile. In the list view, you can click the Details button. This opens a modal with a larger preview of the image, the file name and category. If needed, you can edit these details here and press Save to save the changes.
Images can be uploaded to the image library by clicking Add images, selecting a category and one or multiple files and clicking Add. In the following situations, it can be useful to upload images to the image library.
Adding icons to the library
You can icons so that you can select them when for example choosing a home menu buttons or navigation menu icon. There are two categories to add icons to the icon library:
- Default icons: this will add them to the 'default' library. Add this category to upload icons that should be colored along with the colors set on the home page. This will only work if the icons themselves are white and have a transparent background.
- Custom icons: here you can add all other images you want to use as icons. They will appear in the custom library.
Uploading profile pictures
If you have all your person photos in a library, you can upload them all at once through here. Make sure that you choose the category Persons and that the uploaded images are square, as with mass-upload there is no way to resize or crop the images. You can now select the logos when adding or editing a person.
Link to image from another page
Choose the category General to upload images you are going to use on other pages.
There are two approaches to link to this image from an information page or a news message:
- You can use the internal link, which can be found below the link icon at the top right. If you do that, the image will be included in the app, so it will also be available when the user is not connected to the internet. A disadvantage is that the size of the data increases, so it takes longer to install the event. Use this method only for essential images, for which the content around it makes no sense without them.
- You can also use the URL. You can find this by either right-clicking on the image preview and choosing Copy image address, or open the image in a new window and copy the URL from the browser. The user will only see the image when he or she is connected to the internet, and it will not be included in the app, so the app size is not increasing. Use this method for images that are nice to have, but not essential to understand the content.
Change category of images
To change the category of multiple images, select them (in the tile view with the checkmark top left, in the list view with the checkbox) and click Edit selected.
You can delete images by selecting them (in the tile view with the checkmark top left, in the list view with the checkbox) and clicking the button Delete selected in the toolbar. You're asked for a confirmation before the image is really deleted.