In the topical chat, you can allow your users to discuss about certain topics. The topics can be defined by you. This type of chat can be switched on by adding a tile.
On the selection screen page in the CMS, click Add tile and choose Chat from the dropdown. As you can only have one chat tile, this option disappears from the menu once the tile has been created. In the page that opens, you can set the topics.
- Available/Hidden: if set to Available, all users can see the tile on the selection screen. If set to Hidden, the tile is not visible there.
- Page can be accessed by: here you can choose between Anyone, Signed-in users only or any of the groups you defined in your community. The tile is visible to all users (if set to Available of course), but only the users that match the criteria will be able to see the tile content when opening it.
Chat tile data
- Name: this is the name that will be displayed above the page in the app bar.
- Introduction text: here you can add a text of max 100 characters, that is shown above the topic list. You can for example explain what users can do here.
- Topics: here you can define the topics you want to allow your users to chat about. You can add a name and a subtitle. The order of the topics can be changed by dragging them. Please note that when you delete a topic, the existing conversation will remain visible to users that already participated, but no more new messages can be sent.
You can assign moderators for the topical chat by adding their e-mail addresses here. Moderators see a list of all reported messages when signing in on Eureka and selecting the app from the side menu. They can choose to delete the messages in this list.
Just like for info tiles, you can choose three sizes: small, medium or large.
Only the image of the selected tile size is required. The rest is optional, but might come in handy when you decide to change the tile size later.
When clicking Add image, a modal opens where you can select the image to upload. The preferred dimensions are shown in the placeholder. When your file doesn't have the preferred dimensions, you can crop it to the right ratio after selecting it
After entering the data, click Save to create the tile. New tiles are added to the bottom below all other tiles. When you return to the Selection screen page, move it to the desired position in all three layouts (Phone portrait, Phone landscape / Tablet portrait, and Tablet landscape) and to press Save when you're done.