As a Reseller Partner, you will publish apps on behalf of your clients. In order to do so, the following steps need to be taken. Each step refers to one or more detailed articles.
Please note that for clients, most of these steps will be done by Conference Compass. In this case we will let you know what we need from you.
Step 1: Create artwork
To build the app, you will need an icon, welcome screen, installation screen and other artwork. For society apps, you can find the specifications in the Society App Artwork Guidelines, for single event apps in the Single Event Artwork Guidelines.
Step 2: Create accounts
To get the right keys and certificates and to submit the app to the stores, you need the following accounts. Some accounts need to be created in the name of your client, others in your name.
- Google Play (once $25 per client): to submit the app to the Google Play Store. As the app has to be submitted in the client's account for intellectual property reasons, each of your clients should create an account.
- Apple Developer Program and iTunes Connect ($99 per client per year): to create the certificates and keys for iOS apps and to submit your app to store. This account needs to be created in the name of your client, else the app will most likely be rejected after submission.
- Apple Enterprise Program ($299 per year): to be able to test your iOS apps before publishing them in the App store (inhouse distribution). Creating one account in the name of your company suffices.
- Firebase (free): to create the keys needed for notifications on Android and for the Google login. You can create just one account in the name of your company.
- OneSignal (free): to create the keys needed for push notifications. You can create just one account in the name of your company.
Step 3: Create certificates and keys
To build your app, the following validation certificates and keys need to be created.
- iOS certificates of your test version: to validate the test version of your app
- iOS certificates of your store version: to validate the App Store version of your app.
- Google keys: for Google login.
- OneSignal keys: for sending push notifications
Step 4: Build the app
The artwork and keys created in the previous steps, are needed to build the app from the configurator.